You’ve got questions, and we’ve got answers.
Couples hire Esla Events for myriad reasons, depending on their specific schedules, strengths, budget, and vision. Here are just a handful of the benefits our clients have told us have been most valuable to them. Esla Events makes your:
- preparation more stress-free
- design more beautiful and polished
- details more personal and cohesive
- vendor team more competent and focused
- budget go further
- time better spent
- anxiety (about what to be doing when) disappear
- overall planning more enjoyable, efficient, and fun
As wedding specialists, we have invested the time and energy to have the contacts, tools, and know-how to make your planning experience more enjoyable, and your wedding day more incredible.
What sets Esla Events apart from other event planners or designers?
- A mastery of both planning and design—and how to fuse them seamlessly. Event specialists that love checklists as much as Adobe Illustrator? That’s us.
- Truly personal and meaningful events. Our clients tend to be the type who not only want a beautiful wedding day, but one that is reflective of them as a couple, unique in its details, and, well, a ton of fun.
- Fresh ideas. We never accept the industry norms or latest wedding trend as good enough. We are constantly looking for new sources of inspiration and value original, thoughtful thinking above all else. It keeps us excited, and provides you with uniquely personal wedding days.
- Solid relationships. With clients. With top-notch vendors. With sought-after venues. Authentic, strong, respectful relationships—they’re one of the best parts about this line of work.
- Premium service. We cater to clients who often have demanding jobs and even more demanding schedules. We limit the number of weddings we accept each year to ensure we offer the flexibility, focus, and level of service that our clients demand.
What regions does Esla Events service?
We’re based in San Francisco, in the Noe Valley neighborhood. All San Francisco, Wine Country, East Bay, Peninsula, Carmel, and Big Sur area weddings are considered local for us, and our normal rates apply.
We also offer planning services for weddings taking place further afield, and have experience planning events everywhere from Tahoe to Telluride to Boston. Please contact us for a custom quote based on your specific location.
What budget works best for your services?
We are strong believers that you can have an incredible wedding on any budget, whether it’s a $2,000 intimate dinner celebration with your closest family and friends, or a $300,000 wedding weekend extravaganza in a British castle. However, to get the most out of our services and ensure our rates fit comfortably within your overall budget, we recommend having a budget of:
- $50,000-$80,000, for our partial planning services
- $70,000-$200,000+, for our full planning services
Elopement budgets differ dramatically, so please reach out to us for a custom quote.
What are your rates?
For most weddings,* our rate is $5,000 for partial planning and $8,000 for full planning. Interested in our event design services as well? Simply add $3,000 to the package price. For additional pricing information, please visit our service page.
We pride ourselves on being a great value to our clients. While we rarely beat out other planning or design companies purely on price, the level of personalized service, expertise, and focus we offer sets us apart from others.
*Weddings with 100-175 guests, that take place within 2 hours of San Francisco, the bride and groom as the primary decision-makers and sole contacts, and whose overall budgets range between $50,000-$150,000.
Do you offer day-of coordination?
We do not offer day-of coordination, but here are some local planners who do:
- Bustle Events
- Eighteenth Avenue Events
- Events by Satra
- A Monique Affair (month-of only)
- Something Blue
Or feel free to contact us for additional names.
All of our partial and full planning packages include day-of coordination.
I don’t live in the Bay Area. Can we still work together?
You’ll be in good company—over a third of our clients are out-of-staters. As long as you’re able to visit the Bay Area at least once (ideally 2-3 times) before the wedding, planning your wedding with us from afar is a breeze. During your visits out here, we do fun activities like site visits, catering tasting, cake tastings, and floral design meetings. And in between your visits, we can use email, Skype/phone, and online collaboration tools to make sure we’re always on schedule, on budget, and in sync.
Do you have a list of preferred vendors?
We offer something even better: for each client, a fully customized list of rock-star vendors.
Based on your unique style, budget, and needs, Esla Events creates a tailored list of vendor recommendations for you. Whether you want our top pick per category, or a few from which to choose, we specialize in making the perfect match, and connecting with vendors you’ll adore.
We are constantly on the lookout for new and impressive talent at all price points, and are evaluating our current picks to ensure they’re consistently delivering at the level we expect. The result is a large, up-to-date, premium pool of vendors that we love to work with and from which we draw our recommendations.
I only need help in a few areas. Does Esla Events offer that type of service?
Yes, we offer two options for couples needing something specific:
- Pay-as-you-go. We can provide you support in specific areas of your choosing, and bill you at our rate of $90/hour.
- Custom package. Alternatively, we can provide you a flat fee estimate once we know more about what you’re looking for. Our custom package minimum is $4,000, which includes up to 50 hours of Esla Events’ time and support.
How often will we meet? How will we collaborate and coordinate?
The frequency and nature of our interactions depend on two main factors: where you’re located, and what level of support we’re providing.
If you’re a local couple who has hired Esla Events for full planning, we would likely meet 2x a month. The details of where, when, and how are tailored to meet your needs and schedule best. Some clients love having dinner work sessions with us at their home, while others prefer having daytime check-in calls. In between those scheduled meetings/calls, you have access to us anytime via email or phone. Some brides email us little questions on a rolling basis, while others save them for our check-in meetings—either is perfectly fine.
If you’re a NYC couple and have hired Esla Events for partial planning, we typically would have a call or Skype session every 3 weeks to check-in on progress, discuss ideas, and align on next steps. Between those calls, you can email or call with any requests for information, recommendations, or advice.
We use a variety of tools to collaborate with clients. We use whatever combination of email, phone, Skype, FaceTime, Google Docs, Pinterest, and Dropbox work best for you, and will discuss this during our kickoff meeting.
When should I hire Esla Events?
For full planning and design, ideally we get started 8-12 months before your target wedding date. If your wedding is closer than that though, fear not—we can begin work as late as two months before your wedding date, and will just accelerate the planning schedule.
For partial planning and design, hiring Esla Events 4-10 months before your date is ideal.
We accept bookings for weddings that will occur in 2 months or as far out as 18 months.